Mara Under Canvas Tented Camp – North Serengeti – Kogatende is deep within the northern Serengeti’s prime wildlife area, Mara Under Canvas offers perfect luxury from which to witness the Great Migration and to explore the more remote corners of Tanzania ’s oldest and most famous National Park. Peaking between June and November, guests can observe an annual wildlife spectacle quite unlike any other, as over a million wildebeest, zebra and other ungulates move into the northern Serengeti in search of fresh grazing and water.
This lavish camp has 10 spacious safari tents each with a double bed and en suite bathroom. A team of friendly and attentive staff ensures that guests enjoy absolute comfort while experiencing the sights, sounds and smells of the African bush.
Mara Under Canvas is located in the Tanzania n corner of the Mara Triangle, situated in northern Serengeti. An area of lush rolling grasslands, rocky outcrops and tree-lined watercourses, this is the perfect setting from which to behold the most breathtaking scenery that the Serengeti has to offer.
The period between June and November marks the season of the Great Migration. During these months, vast herds of wildebeest, accompanied by large numbers of zebra, and smaller numbers of Grant’s gazelle, Thompson’s gazelle, impala and eland move north from the southern plains in search of food and water. They are followed by an array of predators including lion, cheetah and hyena. The Mara River provides the migration with its largest obstacle and many animals fall prey to hungry crocodiles. In October/November, the herds start moving south, returning to the green shoots that follow the rains on the short grass plains of the southern Serengeti.
• 10 spacious double tents with large king-size or twin beds
• Each tent has a bucket shower, hand basin and flush toilet
• Lighting is supplied by solar energy
• There is a pretty dining tent and a separate lounge tent with comfortable chairs and a choice of board games and books to enjoy during rest periods between game drives. In the evenings, guests can sit around the fire with a sundowner, the perfect opportunity to recount their safari highlights of the day
• Accommodation is fully inclusive of all meals and beverages
• Welcome drinks on arrival and cold face towels
What others are saying
There are no contributions yet.